1. Quokka - Considered by many to be the happiest animal in the world. Because of its historic isolation on Rottnest Island off the coast of Western Australia, the quokka is not afraid of humans.
Australia's native quokka has been named 'the happiest animal in the world' and everyone is joining in on the quokka selfie fun.
Although it's lots of fun to get a selfie with a Quokka, Rottnest Island Authority ask people to be respectful of the animals on Rottnest Island. A couple charged with Quokka Cruelty on the Island just goes to show no animal is safe from idiots.
2. Sloth - They are slow and spend most of their time hanging upside down in the trees and rainforests of Central and South America. Sloths are so slow that green algae called Trichophilus, only grows on the fur of sloths. Also known for their adorable smiles and great selfies!
Baby sloths to brighten your day even more.
3. Dolphin - One of the most intelligent creatures on Earth, known for communicating by clicking, whistling and other sounds and even having names for each other. Dolphin is very friendly and like dogs, have a strange connection and bond with humans.
Photo by Josh Grenier
Various methods of fishing including the illegal use of gillnets to catch fish, kill a large number of dolphins every year. Dolphin is mammals and breathes air just like us. They get caught in gill nets and drown because of it. Dolphin, like the Vaquita Marina or 'Little Cow' in Spanish, is the smallest, rarest, and most endangered of all.
4. Dogs (All Breeds) - Man's BFF, very intelligent and even have a sense of time - which is why they miss you when you're gone. Dog's have been used throughout history to do many jobs for us and with us. But helping those with disabilities seems to be their calling. Their connection to humans is unparalleled and even detect our feelings by scent. Smart, loyal and often times silly, dogs and humans have been together throughout history for about 15,000 years with graves being found with human and their dogs alongside them. They also feed off of your energy and most of the time know exactly what to do to make your day better.
Dogs on average are as smart as a 2-year old toddler. They can also understand roughly up to 250 words and gestures. So when you feel your dog is listening in to your conversations, they most likely are. (If only they could talk, I wonder if they'll be able to keep secrets.:)
5. Pigs - Among the smartest animals on the planet, pigs can play a video game with more focus and success than a chimpanzee. Just like dogs, pigs can be taught to perform tricks, walk on a leash, and come when they are called.
Pigs are also very social and affectionate creatures who hate to be alone!
6. Monkeys & Apes - Probably the only animals on this list that are thought to be actually smiling. Highly social and intelligent creatures with a sense of humor, monkeys and apes have been known to smile when happy and laugh at things they think are funny.
We'll just finish it off with a collection of lovely animals smiling to hopefully remind you to smile as much as you can! Enjoy!
If you enjoy our content and would like to know more, feel free to subscribe to our newsletter. Keep up to date on current events, be the first to know about great deals on our awesome products, and receive a 10% OFF coupon of your entire order by simply entering your email. Remember always to Smile, it's FREE therapy!